How it works
Our Pick Your Own Farms provide the facility for you to pick fruit and vegetables which you then buy before eating or taking home. We do not allow eating of fruit as you walk around the farm. We provide punnets, baskets and bags into which you can put the produce you pick. This is then weighed at our tills and you pay based on the kilogram charge of the respective fruit or vegetable.
Unfortunately there are no facilities for picnics apart from Fruit Festival Days.
As we are a food premises unfortunately we do not allow dogs except for guide dogs .There is a park (Langley Park) next door which is suitable for dog walking.
We make a minimum charge of £4/ Person and this is paid at our entry tills before you pick fruit and vegetables. On quieter days this will be charged upon exit. The charge is, however, refunded off the produce you pick and buy, not refunded off anything from the shop.(Not applicable on Fruit Festival days )
FRUIT FESTIVAL DAYS
During the main fruit season we know that there are some people who would prefer to just come along to the farm to pick and eat fruit. For these visitors we hold Fruit Festival Days on some Sundays during the peak season.
Entry on these days is £8 per Adult and £5 for Children and you are able to eat the fruit in the fields. If you should also decide to take some fruit home with you, then this will be weighed and charged at half price. This presents an excellent opportunity if you were wanting to stock up on supplies for the freezer or make jam. You are also able to enjoy picnics on the farm on Fruit Festival Days.
At both Cookham and Iver we have Farm Shops which are open during the Pick Your Own Season. These stock ready-picked and frozen fruit and vegetables together with our own Copas Farms Apple Juice which has been made from apples grown in our orchards. In the shop at Cookham we also have a range of other local produce sourced within a 25-miles radius. This includes chutneys, honey, oil, cream, and eggs.
- Car Park
- Small Seating Area.
- Large Car Park
- Toilets, including Disabled Toilet and Baby Changing Area
- Large Rest Area with tables
- Ice Creams Kiosk
Rules and Regulations
To ensure that all visitors enjoy their time at Copas Farms Pick Your Own we have to implement a number of rules and regulations. We hope that our visitors will understand why these have to be made and, by entering the farm, they will need to abide by them. Failure to do so could mean that you are asked to leave.
- We are a picking farm. Please do not eat any of the fruits or vegetables in the fields (apart from Fruit Festival Days).
- Do not climb the trees or break branches.
- Please pick into the containers provided.
- Only pick what you want to pay for. All produce picked will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- Do not discard fruit or vegetables in the field or shop.
- Children under the age of 16 must be closely supervised by a responsible adult. You will be asked to pay for all crops picked or damaged by you or your children.
- Please do not leave baskets in the picking fields.
- Please keep our farm tidy and use the bins provided for rubbish and litter or take it home with you.
- Do not picnic in the fields (apart from on Fruit Festival Days).
- No dogs allowed in the shop or picking fields, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- We hope you will enjoy your visit to our farm but we must advise that it is our policy to call the Police to deal with any theft or aggression towards our staff.